
Last Friday it was 66 gloriously sunny degrees here. The weekend was moderate then cold. Now we have very dark skies and rain ~ temps in the low 30s with freezing rain predicted overnight.
The parking lot at the grocery store has been full to overflowing since the first prediction of freezing rain ~ unlike those who grew up with or live with snow and ice for months on end, the folks here are terrified of it because it happens so rarely. . .
But, in the midst of all that dreariness, one of our attorneys stopped by my desk earlier today with three ties for my tie quilt! One tie (blue) is English silk and the other two are Italian silk ~ they "feel" wonderful!
I haven't started deconstructing the wedding dress . . . guess I need to get busy. The block a month plan is obviously not going to be a "hard and fast" condition since January is almost over and there's no background fabric to work with yet.
Batiks? Satin and silks? Batiks? Satin and silks? Sooo many choices!
[...and, if we really do get enough freezing rain, there may be some morning hours in the studio, at least until the ice melts enough to get down the driveway safely!]
Quiltdivajulie
The parking lot at the grocery store has been full to overflowing since the first prediction of freezing rain ~ unlike those who grew up with or live with snow and ice for months on end, the folks here are terrified of it because it happens so rarely. . .
But, in the midst of all that dreariness, one of our attorneys stopped by my desk earlier today with three ties for my tie quilt! One tie (blue) is English silk and the other two are Italian silk ~ they "feel" wonderful!
I haven't started deconstructing the wedding dress . . . guess I need to get busy. The block a month plan is obviously not going to be a "hard and fast" condition since January is almost over and there's no background fabric to work with yet.
Batiks? Satin and silks? Batiks? Satin and silks? Sooo many choices!
[...and, if we really do get enough freezing rain, there may be some morning hours in the studio, at least until the ice melts enough to get down the driveway safely!]
Quiltdivajulie
----------------------------------
"Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it.” (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
"Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it.” (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
3 comments:
The ties are wonderful and such a variety.
I hope you don't get the ice as bad as some places have had it. We missed this storm (and its about time).
I know you aren't taking the ties apart for this project, but would you have any interest in tie silks alone? I've got some I'd love to share with you if you'll send me your address. The yarn arrived and is gorgeous ~ thank you!
Peace*Greetings QuiltDiva!
I have visited your site a few times and I IMPRESSED by your lovely talent in such an ancestral art form. I have shared your "pieces of power" with my Mother and other quilters.
Continue blessing our admiring heARTS!
ultrayouth.blogspot.com
Post a Comment