Saturday, January 17, 2009

First Finish of 2009 - Your Thoughts??

This is my first official finish for 2009 - a collaborative Priority Quilt that still needs a name. Suggestions?? [each of the photos will enlarge when clicked upon]

I've posted photos of it turned all four ways ~ I can't decide which one I like the best... do you have a preference (top is 1, then 2, then 3, and the bottom one is 4).



Truly a collaborative effort, Wanda pieced an oversize batik block and sent it to me to turn into a PQ for AAQI and Chris added the quilting using the Shiva panto.

So now you have the opportunity to add your suggestions for its orientation and its name. It's an awesome little quilt!

Quiltdivajulie
---------------------------
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” (Lewis Carroll)

12 comments:

Donna said...

"round and 'round the merry-go-round" is the name that comes to mind... I prefer either 3 or 4 as the layout -- the off centeredness feels more purposeful for some reason in those layouts to me.

floribunda said...

I like #4 best, and it looks like you're looking down a well...

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I was going to say #2 but after reading floribunda's comment, it does look like looking down a well. so it's title could be "into the well of confusion"

julieQ said...

Number 3 sings to me!!

Anonymous said...

I like #4.I thought maybe 'Topsy Turvy'.It just came to me?! I agree, it looks like you are looking down a well. How about 'Wishing well',as a name?It looks like you are looking down a well and you 'wish' all dealing with Alzheimer's 'well'. Make sense?

Vicki W said...

I like Wanda's title idea a lot!

Gari in AL said...

I really like #3, I like the balance. I am not good with names for quilts, I tend to be literal.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

A sole vote for #1 here. "Down The Rabbit Hole" is my title suggestion.
That Shiva panto is wonderful.

Diane said...

How about "Centrifugal Force?"

Elsie Montgomery said...

I like #1 too. At first #2 but it seems too easy for my eye to stop whereas forcing it to go left keeps me looking around it again.

As I think of Wanda's title and my mother's personality in combination with her Alzheimers, I would pick "Joy in Confusion"

Kathy said...

I like the orientation in No. 4 best. How about "I'm so blue". It's great whatever you call it. Thanks for sharing.

jovaliquilts said...

I see water and sunlight. I get the well that everyone sees, but do the titles have to refer to Alzheimer's?