Friday, September 5, 2008

SO glad it is the weekend!

SO very tired... with the helping hands of 6 other volunteers and co-workers, we sent out 900 3-page book announcement letters for a local history group (my boss is the book's editor) this afternoon.  At least the vintage ballplayer stamps were reasonably easy on the eyes!   There are 500 more to go on Monday... but there are 2 days in between and I am planning to stay as far away from Excel and databases and merging mailing labels as possible!!    I am mentally and physically exhausted after this week of mailing mess (merging disparate spreadsheets of names/addresses from 3 organizations, incorporating info from handwritten lists, plus typing in 2 membership rosters ... waaaaaay too many keystrokes and toooooooo much eyestrain!)

As promised, DDIL participated in three college fairs in Tokyo today ...  Through the wonder of the web, we can journey along with her!  The pace they're keeping is exhaustive, but I know she'll squeeze in every moment she can to savor the different cultures!

Tippy is here at Camp Sefton this weekend ... she is the happiest little dog!

Quiltdivajulie 

2 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Rest easy my friend, rest easy. That's a lot of work you have going on there!

jovaliquilts said...

Love that stamp, I don't think I've seen it. With my daughter's help, I designed a Save the Date in photoshop and got them out this weekend. I used the Celebrate stamp, also lovely to look at.

So glad you can follow DDIL on the web. My daughter spent a semester overseas and kept a blog then, which we really enjoyed. Brave new world!