Does anyone out there have a Blackjack II? Better yet, is anyone using a Blackjack II AND a Mac?DH and I have been shopping for cell phone upgrades and have encountered way too many salesfolk who know little to nothing about the products they're selling. We need a cell phone with the ability to sync our contacts and calendars (via Bluetooth or USB cable) AND we need to be able to do so from Windows XP, Windows Vista and Macintosh Leopard platforms - you'd think that would be simple, right? NOT!
We actually upgraded phones early Sunday afternoon only to discover (after an hour of working with them at home) that they did NOT sync the way the saleslady assured us they would (yes to music and video syncs but not data). So, back into the car as we took them back and reactivated our old phones. Now we have to wait until the AT&T system clears our return and once again shows that we are eligible for an upgrade... SIGH!!!!
We think we've found a resolution to the issue in the Blackjack II ~ so long as I purchase The Missing Sync software for my MacBook (which will also allow me to move photos from my laptop to the phone). Getting to this point took several hours of research while I was home sick plus at least 5.5 hours today ~ needless to say, there was no sewing time this weekend.
BUT, I did get "formal portraits" taken and my entry form completed & submitted for the Delta Fair (opens August 29th; entering 6 quilts - will share photos starting at the end of this week). Still need to fill out the paperwork for the Mid-South Fair (opens late September; entering 3-4 quilts). More on my Saturday photo session soon.
Work today will be intense... but hopefully less frustrating!
Quiltdivajulie
--------------------
And, if anyone wonders why so many of us dedicate our efforts to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI), please, please read this post from Ami's blog ~
3 comments:
I want a phone that has an on AND off button, an address book and that is all. No camera, no synching of any kind, no text messaging, and no games and one that will stay charged for more than 2 days. I like the jitterbug phone I see in quilting magazines, but I hear they do not get good reception. I have already checked with AT&T, my provider, and they don't have such a phone. Simplicity in my name, and so far, a phone is not my game. sigh
Aaaakkk! I hear that frustration. We are soon going to get new phones and I'm dreading it. So sorry I can be no help. I just checked David Pogue's stuff (I always go there first for tech stuff), but his last mention of Blackjack was for an older version.
hope you work out the phone upgrade to your satisfaction-I do not need any bells on mine-love how your quilt is coming along-the inspiration from Freddie/Gwen will do that, put down the book and go play.
Post a Comment