Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Did It!!!!

It may not seem as spectacular to you as it does to me ~ but sharing these photos is totally astonishing and amazing.  We upgraded our phones Friday evening which has NOT been a simple process given that we operate from three computer platforms (XP, Vista, and Macintosh) & we wanted our phones to sync our contacts and calendars (no web surfing or roaming e-mail - just  basic PDA functionality + phone).
Having a camera integrated with the phone is a new feature for me ~ so yesterday when we were in Germantown, I snapped photos with my phone of these amazing horses (more on that in a bit).  The hurdle was getting the photos from the phone to my computer so that I could share them with all of you. 

AND I'VE DONE IT!!!!

My head is about to explode (!) but I have managed to sync the contacts from my XP machine via Plaxo online to my Mac's address book and then, using a third party software, to my phone (tons of editing, clean up, and review - but the hard part is done).  My calendar has also been transferred so that it resides in iCal and syncs to my phone.  

Which left the issue of moving photos between my Mac laptop and my phone - Missing Sync software to the rescue again ~ WOO HOO HOO!!


Now, about these incredible horses...  The Germantown Charity Horse Show has a long history ~ this year, these life size horses were placed about the town, each painted by a different artist.  You can click here to learn about the various artists and their horses (links to multiple sites for the individuals, their projects, and their stories).

Anyway, I am thrilled and elated that I have persevered and conquered this massive technological maze!  

Now I'm off to do some housework (gosh, that will be simple after all of this) and then, after dinner, on to the quilt studio!!

Quiltdivajulie

9 comments:

Donna said...

glad you were finally able to get all the peices working together... not a small feat at all! Living with a computer geek (who changes operating systems on our home computers and servers at least weekly) I'm thankful for my personal laptop and digital camera... don't need or want anything else, and have given up trying to use anything else given the rate of change around here...

Teresa said...

I am so impressed! I still can't even figure out how to take pictures with my phone. I read the book and people show me, but when it comes time to take the picture, I can't remember what to do. Why do they have to make these things so complicated anyway????????

Michele Bilyeu said...

I have no idea of just what all you did or accomplished, but it certainly sounded incredible to me! I never cease to be amazed how we all figure out the things that we do figure out...some of you just accomplish it at a higher level ;)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Thanks for sharing, great horses! I completely understand about the learning curve on tech-ie things such as this, and the associated elation when it all comes together... at long last!! Congratulations. I think I know a couple in Germantown. It's been a long time since I've seen them but I think that's where they relocated. I'm glad you jogged my memory!

Cher said...

hats off to your tech-queen-ness!!!
you rock! Portland did a similar thing with cows...it was a huge hit and so delightful to find them around the city. These photos are fabulous!

jovaliquilts said...

Congratulations!!! Technology can be a lifesaver or it can just about kill you.

Love those horses. Various cities have had cows, with a similar idea. They were in Chicago a number of years ago and I fell head over heels for them. A little bit of whimsey and creativity is all it takes.

quiltwhinny said...

Beautiful horses in Germantown! Thanks for sharing.

The Quiltwhinny
quiltwhinneytrails.blogspot.com

quiltwhinny said...

Beautiful horses in Germantown! Thanks for sharing.

The Quiltwhinny
quiltwhinneytrails.blogspot.com

*karendianne. said...

Wow, those horses are so neat.

As for the techy stuff - YOU GO GIRL. I'm impressed. Now I know you really can do anything. Before it was just a rumor!!! ;)

She does it all with Love, *karendianne.