Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cleared for takeoff...

The flying monkeys have finally been freed from their holding pattern on the design wall in my studio...  and, in true liberated style, when it was too long I cut it off.  When it was too short I added more on.   I tried very hard not to take out and do over, although I did have to remove a few stitches at the end of two of the borders in order to add on and have the red fall in the right place.

The top measures 61 x 86 ~ still need to piece the back, and then the monkeys will be off to Oakland to visit with Chris and Iris.  We've talked about quilting ideas but haven't settled on anything just yet.  Any suggestions out there?

My time of contemplation continues... ran across an absolutely heart-rending post on Jude's blog earlier this afternoon which elegantly captures so much of what I'm feeling ... with the monkeys now flying free, I need to leave the design wall bare for a few more days...

Back to work tomorrow ~ they had a temp at my desk for the 3 days I was out so I have absolutely no idea what to expect in the morning (aside from not wanting to wake up at 5:15 am).  

Quiltdivajulie
---------------------
"Patience  is also a form of action."  (Auguste Rodin)

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

I decided that one this is done you need to load it to Cafe Press so I can order a coffee mug with the image of it to have at work. I might even need a large print for the office wall. It would be quite useful with my new project. Have I told you jsut how much I LOVE this quilt? LOL!

jovaliquilts said...

I'm with Vicki -- I love it, and it would make a GREAT mug for someone's office! Absolutely love the borders.

Sorry, no help with quilting suggestions...

Diane said...

This turned out SO GREAT. I love the graphic contrast between the black and yellow.

Donna said...

All that comes to mind for a quilting pattern would be wind and leaves, and maybe a witch on a broom :-)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I read Jude's post and cried. Your creation is wonderful, Julie; it is so genuine and creative and uniquely YOU.