Saturday, June 28, 2008

Report from Camp Sefton

"I'm watching you...." ~ Camp Director Angel hard at work keeping an eye on our weekend camper from her perch on the kitchen table (where she is NOT supposed to be)...

"Who, me?? I'm just curled up in your bed being a good camper."
[Tippy is spending the weekend at Camp Sefton while her people attend a wedding in Alabama.]


Me? I'm scattered about the quilt studio with WAY too many loose ends! Here are my goals for right now:

1. Wash yardage and stitch back for Rabbit Hole (top finished). [in the dryer]


2. Trim and bind Priority Quilt (kantha stitched orphan block from Vortex). [underway, ready for final hand stitching]


3. Trim and bind Priority Quilt (selvages). [underway, ready for final hand stitching]


4. Order batik backing fabric for DNA quilt. [done]


5. Refold and stack batiks neatly. [done]


6. Stitch together orphan squares from Rabbit Hole to make Priority Quilt top. Pull fat quarter for backing. [this much is done.] Mail to Chris for quilting. [will do this afternoon when I go out.]


7. Laundry, laundry, more laundry. [underway -- sew, swap a load, sew, swap a load, etc.]


8. Make binding for DNA quilt. [strips cut & stitched, need to press & hang up until quilted quilt returns home.]


9. Take the dog out, bring the dog in, take the dog out, bring the dog in... [ongoing.]


10. Begin assembling Serendipity.


11. Cut strips for Serendipity's inner and outer borders.

12. Make another mug of hot tea & go update blog. [almost done.]


Here's to the weekend...


5 comments:

*karendianne. said...

I love this. You're post is so much fun. First I must honor the Camp Director.

Its a lot of work to keep an eye on visitors!!!

Very cool to read how together you have it. I did wash my bed sheets though so I'm kinda trying to be cool.

Here's the part that is like LeeHaven:

Take "one" dog out, bring "another" dog in, take "the other" dog out, bring the "other" dog in... (don't these guys ever stop manipulating me?)

Automatic Door Opener Love, *karendianne.

jovaliquilts said...

I was exhausted reading your list, until I realized how much fun you'll have following it! :)

The cat/dog photos are great -- no wonder kitty is up where she is not supposed to be.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Refold and stack batiks neatly is one of my favorite tasks. It sounds like you will have a lot of finishes soon.

The Calico Cat said...

That cat chose a great quilt so sit on. (Is it just 4 patches? I want to do this in completely scrappy with whites where you have the blacks.)

I tell my cat's "No Toes on my Table" Then they hop off if they want to...

Teresa said...

I need a nap after reading your todo list.