I personally think the Alzheimer's: Forgetting Piece by Piece quilts deserve even more national media exposure. Oprah's show would be fantastic!!
Would you take just a few minutes to contact her staff suggesting that she feature the quilts on a future show? Here's the link to the online submission form: http://tinyurl.com/qr6q
According to the website, Oprah's producers track the emails, letters, and phone calls to determine what people are interested in. They get LOTS of mail, so the only hope of getting them to notice the AAQI is with sheer numbers: the more individual email addresses the better. Please ask everyone in your address book to write, and ask each of them to ask everyone in their address book!
Not sure what to write? Try thinking about even one of these ideas:
How has Alzheimer's touched your life?
Has the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative provided a way for you to cope or heal, helped you understand? (I know it has for me!)
If you've seen the quilts, how did they make you feel?
If you've read the book, how did it make you feel?
If you've listened to and watched the CD, how did it make you feel?
If you've donated a Priority: Alzheimer's Quilt, how did it make you feel?
PLEASE Ask Oprah to feature the "Alzheimer's: Forgetting Piece by Piece" quilts and the artists who made them on a future show. Ask her to fill her studio audience with quilters who bring Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts to donate. Ask her to recognize the efforts of humble, ordinary people doing something in response to a truly terrifying illness that touches SO many people and wreaks such havoc in so many lives. Ask her to use the amazing forum she has to raise awareness about this effort.
PLEASE DON'T COPY AND PASTE. Your request will be much more effective if you write from your heart.
THANK YOU!!! Remember, each and every request helps!
2 comments:
Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog today. I've added yours to my reader so I can keep up with you beautiful work!
Hi Julie.
What a great idea- as someone who is losing a loved one by inches I believe strongly in the importance of this cause. I will be writing a letter to Oprah and asking other quilters to do the same.
Regards from a Western Canadian quilter,
Anna
Post a Comment