Githerments, the third bonus quilt from the Macnas series, is finished.
(an old Yorkshire word that refers to a random assortment or mix of items)
G's flimsy reveal is HERE and that post shares more about the top and . . .
. . . the scrappy back that absolutely delights me.
There are elements from Pretty in Pink, Fandango, a few bits from Blossoms, leftover binding strips, and the last of my green-pink Fish Lips fabric; all surrounded by three different pink yardages from the stash.
Quilted with Glide thread in Pink and my liberated free motion nested spirals.
I love how the late afternoon autumn sunlight illuminated the colors.
* * *
In January, I shared this hope in one of my posts:
"I've set the studio squirrels a challenge to keep me on task as the year progresses - we'll see if they can keep their end of the agreement."
I'm delighted to share that with this finish of Githerments, I have indeed managed to stayed on task and the squirrels absolutely kept their end of the agreement.
The twelve quilts inspired by Macnas and three of the four bonus quilts made with leftover rectangles are finished with the fourth bonus quilt top donated to become a comfort quilt.
In the coming weeks I'll start sharing a series of posts as a celebratory recap for this multi-year effort.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"There is a particular kind of afternoon sun that exists only in autumn."
Ayana Mathis





No comments:
Post a Comment