Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Pretty in Pink - the Quilt


Pretty in Pink is finished -- 53" wide x 64" long.

You can read the quilt's backstory by using the Pretty in Pink label at the end of this post.


Designed to use leftover pieces and parts, I am delighted with the end result.  


Tula Pink flamingo yardage made a fabulous backing.


Indoor photo where the lighting isn't quite so gray and cloudy. 

I'm looking forward to adding Pretty in Pink to our seasonal rotation of quilts.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“You can never wrong with a little pink; a lot works too.”
Dana Dalgetty

16 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

You’re in the pink :). Your quilting gives such wonderful texture and it shows up so well in your pictures. Can’t go wrong with flamingos….even the word is fabulous

ButterZ said...

Very pretty

cityquilter grace said...

perfect title perfect description!

Cindy said...

I LOVE PINK QUILTS! and your backing fabric is to die for!!!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing up your very PINK quilt, Julie. That Flamingo fabric is SEW fabulous and a fun choice for the backing!!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

So very Pretty in Pink!! You will certainly be smiling every time this quilt is in the rotation.

Vicki W said...

Very pretty! I love the backing fabric too.

Barbara Anne said...

What a glorious and wonderfully pink quilt! It just makes me smile - as does the flamingo backing fabric. Good choices, as always!

Hugs!

Janie said...

Your 'Pretty in Pink' is superb, I love it! And Barbara Anne said it right, 'It makes me smile'!
Lovely photo too. Thanks for always making exciting quilts Julie.

Cathy said...

Such a happy quilt! Lovely quilting too.

Nann said...

A beauty, and just in time for RSC Pink!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The pink quilt is like a big sincere smile. Kind of comforting. You did a wonderful job from start to finish.

Kigwit said...

i do love the pink! and the backing is just perfect.

Mystic Quilter said...

You couldn't have picked a better name - Pretty in Pink, it certainly is.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I like this one SO much! You know, you inspired me to make one with reproduction fabrics. It is such a fun block and a little out of the ordinary.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love it!!!