I'm happy to share that the set of four placemats made using leftovers from cutting rectangles for Grandiose are finished.
Here I've flipped one over so you can see the backing - part of the Needlestars line from Paula Nadlestern. The colors couldn't be more perfect.
I'll get these off to Nann early next week.
(for those who have asked, Nann set herself a goal to make/have 250 placemats ready for donation early next year)
Week 10's prompt for Full Deck Challenge 3 is "vintage with brown splatter."
My shipping tags (instead of altered playing cards like Shana is creating) will not have splatter - I prefer sticking to small-scale collage and covering both sides of the tag.
This is the vintage tag's reverse side.
I'm storing/displaying these on a large binder ring, which is why I care that each tag looks finished no matter which angle it is viewed from.
Interestingly enough, I created some journal fodder tags a couple of weeks ago - notice the vintage parallel?
And I made these little pieces using scraps from the larger tags.
Like my scrappy quilts, the leftovers are often the most fun to play with.
And despite the two rounds of snow and prolonged near-zero cold we've had, the daffodils have survived.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"You normally have to be bashed about a bit by life to see the point of daffodils, sunsets, and nice uneventful days."
Alain De Botton
8 comments:
Congrats on completing those scrappy placemats for Nann's collection, Julie, and your collaged tags are lovely, too!
Why, thank you!
Just lovely placemats, QDJulie;))) Your vintage tags are beautifully finished--loving that vibe you get on them...;))) hugs, Julierose
Your collages - all of them - are beautiful.
What a happy Daffodil! I won't see anything like that here for a while.
Love the placemats that are going to Wanda!
We have abundant purple crocus in bloom, 3 daffodils in bloom and 4 more about to fully bloom!
Hugs!
I am making placemats for meals on wheels too. These get given out at Christmas time. Good on you for making lovely ones too. Love the daffodils. Your tags are very pretty.
Yay for the daffodils, a delight to see these as we are now officially in Autumn. Still enjoying your creations in the Full Deck Challenge.
Post a Comment