So this is where we left things at the end of last week.
And just as a reminder, this is the vintage inspiration quilt.
Friday evening I did a bit of rearranging and this is where things are now.
I like the calm vibe and consistent diagonals of the first layout but it also feels a bit predictable.
I love the energy is the revised layout but I want to do a bit more tinkering and pondering before I sew the HST strips together.
Perhaps this will be a good week for some FMQ while Gone Dotty rests on the design wall. Or maybe I'll take a few days off from the blog and do some cleaning out and editing of the resource and crumb boxes (they're getting very messy and overcrowded).
There was no sewing over the weekend, in fact I never even made it up the stairs to the studio. Puzzles and lego building, coloring and so much reading, lots and lots of time outdoors, and a couple of Disney movies completely filled the days. It was awesome.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“Someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”
C.S. Lewis
.jpg)



11 comments:
I really like your, so far, revised layout. It does have energy doesn’t it. I don’t care for patterns that go only in one direction. It seems so out of balance to me and I can’t look at them.
I like the 2nd version with the blocks forming sideways diamonds a lot! But both are lovely--This is such a pretty project you have going...
hugs, Julierose
Both versions work (as long as they meet your vision for the quilt.) You'll figure it out soon enough! Sounds like you had a fun weekend with Little Man, Julie.
Rainbow fun! Nice to see LM getting ready for Easter.
I agree, I do like the energy and color placement of the second layout. I also agree that playing legos and watch Disney movies with the grands is just as much fun as sewing. What a great weekend!
This is such a fun project! I'm pondering doing something similar with a big stack of hand dyed HST pieces that I cut with the Go cutter.
Liking the way this looks Julie.
I got a lot done earlier, but granddaughter is here again with round 2 of being sick (not COVID). This time she is wrapped in your quilt and suffering silently (fever, headache, cough). I know you have not reached your happy point with this quilt layout yet. You will get there and it will be great.
I like the colors mixed up better than in groups. It probably needs a rest while you are FMQ.
Oh yes, definitely more energy in the second. So interesting what can happen with a bit of rearranging.:)
Love the quote at the end of this post! Of course, I also love every project you've been working on. 😊 I can think of no better way to not be sewing than spending time with your Little Man. The reorganized bookshelves look terrific though!
Post a Comment