Lynne and I spent a couple of hours on the phone one evening and I sorted some of the leftover rectangles into groups of five as we chatted.
When I went to move the stacks off my sewing machine, I decided it was simpler to just sew them together. So now the blocks for Ferhoodle ("to mix up") are laid out on the design wall.
I pulled this yardage out of the backing stash and pinned it up beside the blocks. It has been in the backing stash for eons but never found just the right quilt for it to be used, until now.
Hooray!
And for those who wonder where/how I come up with the words I use as quilt names . . . there is no simple answer. I hear words in song lyrics, I see them in printed materials, I find them in the thesaurus, I hear them in conversations, and I am not afraid to go online and look up the "vibe" of a project and see what words might pop up in the process.
I also have a file folder with a Word document where I make notes to myself about possible quilt naming words for the future.
* * *
I've started prepping the rest of the leftover rectangles to leader-ender into pairs which will then be turned into pairs (meaning four rectangles will end up sewn together) since the HSTs for Flaneur are all sewn now and waiting to be pressed open.
Stitch by stitch progress is happening.
Quiltdivajulie
----------------------------------------------- “Words and magic were in the beginning one and the same thing, and even today words retain much of their magical power.”
Sigmund Freud



8 comments:
Oh, so I'm not the only thesaurus porer? hahaha..I love to look up misc. words while waiting for my tea water to come to a boil; and then try to use them on my poor, suffering DH!! He is a good sport though...also it helps with my crossword puzzle addiction..;)))
Ferndoodle is so cheery and I love the starry elephants (or as my son as a baby would say:"Efalants!") hugs, Julierose
Such a nice bright vibe this morning. Need it as things are covered with white here right now. Rectangles can be a lot of fun. Just finished quilting your blue rectangles quilt and putting the binding on.
Ferhoodle is great fun and I love the backing ! Makes me think of Pooh and “heffalumps”. Amber that’s a quilt title!
What a perfect backing fabric, and not taking up space any more. I have a few of those fabrics waiting for the perfect top to pair with them.
Great backing! Thanks for the notes on your quilt name thesaurus.
Such great color!!! I love the way that you use it and combine it into .... pure amazingness!!!
I've wondered, but never asked. Thanks for revealing your quilt naming process, Julie!
Thank you! I always like answers, shared for all the readers to know.
Post a Comment