Friday, March 11, 2022

In the Works



I'm happy to report that I have pieced and quilted the squirrel mat using leftovers from the two Camp Sefton quilts (Isabela and Mirabel).  This is the mat's intended home, atop my thread cabinet.




Here's a close up showing the top of the mat along with the back cover of my copy of Little Man's book.

I'm especially pleased as I was able to use the very last section of binding from the two quilts on my mat.  




This photo shows the reverse side of the mat.

Since the binding shown in the first close up wasn't long enough, I added some left after finishing the February utility mats.  Perfect blend of colors.




On the design wall are these first few blocks for Logophile.  All of the HSTs are pieced and I'm making a block or two each evening.  The two light blocks above read as "holes" so they ended up being replaced, as you'll see in the photo below.




Here's where things are for now.  A few seams at a time, this one will come together over the next few weeks.
 



This was Little Man's pillow case for February. 




And this is the pillow case for March.



I'm very proud of myself because April's pillow case is ready and waiting AND the fabrics for May, June, July, August, and September pillowcases are cut and waiting to be assembled.  




Over in the design studio, I am in the process of cutting into the many polka dot fabrics I pulled last year.  

I'm cutting rectangles for this project which I had previously been calling Jollification.  The new name will be DOT TO DOT.  Once completed, Dot to Dot will be set aside as a future baby quilt.

I'm also cutting larger rectangles to die cut 3" HSTs for a more colorful version of a quilt Cathy L. shared last year.  Again, my fabric thoughts for this one have been all over the map with GONE DOTTY and I find it hilarious that in the end I will be making it with the polka dots I first envisioned.  

My primary polka dot goal is to get the long-pending stacks of fabric cut for these projects so they can be re-folded and integrated back into the stash.   No more moving them from here to there and back again.

  
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“If you just keep your head down and just try and do your thing, sometimes magic happens.”
Gavin Rossdale

5 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

EVerything is just so colorful and happy!
LOVE that mat - but I really really love that framed print... SO super sweet!

Linda Swanekamp said...

All your colors are inspiring. Love all the ideas. I am biting the bullet and reorganizing fabric. I ordered a storage unit and hope it will help me with the too small bookcase spewing fabric. I am unloading that and refolding it all, daunting task. I think I just need to take it all apart and try again, so all my quilt plans are on hold.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a treasured memory, book and mat, Julie! Congrats on getting ahead of the holidays for Little Man's pillowcase collection. Dot to Dot is going to be a really cute quilt! I'll be looking forward to seeing it progress.

Mystic Quilter said...

Loving Logophile!! Excuse brief comments - I am limited with using the keyboard.

Barb said...

fun things happening over there. Love the mat, I just might have to make a few for my room, brings such color and energy to the room.