Wednesday, June 2, 2021

May's RSC Reds at Last



I made a set of five utility mats for July -
two wholecloth for the end tables, 
two  wholecloth for the ends of the fireplace hearth,
and leftover hourglass blocks for the cedar chest.

(the red floral was also used as the back of InspiRED)




I used four different fat quarters 
to back the smaller mats.

Quilted with liberated all over fans
using Glide thread in Tomato.




These are May's red Hoppipolla blocks.

Each block will finish at 3 inches.




Hoppipolla's RSC 21 color groups so far . . . 

I've pulled purples for June but after that 
 I am likely to head off on my own
and work from the crumb boxes.

(since several of you asked what I would do 
I used the colorful birds to back Mischief Maker - 
maybe that set-aside back will work for Hoppipolla?)




These are the four "red" lined drawstring bags for May.

(one XXL, one M, and two S - 
double click for fabric details)

I have pulled fabric combinations for eight bags 
that will feature June's RSC color - purple.

After I get the purple bags made, 
I am likely to make the rest of the bags 
using fun yardage combinations from the stash
without worrying so much about the RSC color.

(to see more about any of these projects,
you can click on their labels
at the bottom of this post)




Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“All my life I’ve pursued the perfect red.  I can never get painters to mix it for me.  It’s exactly as if I’d said, “I want Rococo with a spot of Gothic in it and a bit of Buddhist temple” – they have no idea what I’m talking about.”
Diana Vreeland

4 comments:

Julierose said...

You certainly had a productive month of May--I love that Hoppipolla piece--0really neat pattern and colors...hugs, Julierose

Mari said...

It's funny, with your quote there from Diana Vreeland, I can picture that color perfectly! I love the idea of a thread color called "tomato," too. Have a wonderful day!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your RED projects turned out well. How can you abandon the RSC after only half the year? Quilter's ADD much, Julie? :P

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What great mats!!! The quilting is too cool on them!!
Love all your blocks!!