Friday, December 18, 2020

InspiRED - the Quilt



inspiRED aka Inspi(RED) aka InspiRED is finished.

(I used multiple variations of spelling along the way)




Finished size 48" wide x 60" long. 




The colorful inserts were trimmings from the making of
LUMINOUS, my 2018 NOT a Mystery quilt project.




Design inspired by Amanda Jean Nyberg's Bright Birch Trees.




Quilted with liberated baptist fans and Glide thread in Apple Red.

Backing - Cassandra by Robert Kaufman.

Binding - Moda Bella solid red.

This finish absolutely counts for the early-2019 
RED challenge over on the Ad Hoc Improv Quilters blog.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Listen to your own voice, your own soul.  Too many people listen to the noise of the world instead of themselves.  Deep inside you know what you want; let no one decide that for you.”
Leon Brown

21 comments:

Julierose said...

What a beautiful warm looking quilt--perfect for these windy, cold Winter days we are having!! Those reds are so saturated--lovely..
Hugs from Snow Land Julierose

Annie said...

What a wonderfully red and bright and happy feeling quilt! Using the trimmings from a previous quilt project is the ultimate satisfaction of not wasting as well as turning what could have been trashed into another fantastic quilt. The two quilts are so different that one would never know they have a relation...well, except for your 394 followers who now know. Ha!

Frog Quilter said...

Your quilt glows beautifully. Fabulous!!!

mangozz said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love red and your idea for using the scraps from another quilt was genius. Are you keeping this one?

Ellie said...

Beautiful! I wouldn’t ever think of using red this way but it sure works!

Rebecca said...

Love it.... would never have thought to use the "red" in all its glorious shades and it is perfect!!!

I have often used scraps from one project to another but none of them glowed like this one!

Sooooo.... Are you keeping this one?

scarlett said...

Wonderful quilt, thanks for sharing.

Nann said...

Did the tyrannical AutoCorrect try to rework InspiRED? (As I typed, a red squiggle magically appeared.) Great design and you may have inspired me as I contemplate a project I have to get going on....

Juliana said...

This quilt is MAGNIFICENT!! I've never seen a red quilt that glowed like this one! Thanks so much for sharing your art with the rest of us. Also, I tiptoed down the rabbit hole of reading the article that you have a quote from in your side-bar: Quilting to Save my Life by Janet Catherine Berlo. What a great article, so thanks for including the excerpt. I find your blog page full of inspiration, so thanks for that.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super fun quilt finish, Julie!! That fence photo is lovely. It really makes the quilt shine!

Cherie in St Louis said...

The backing compliments the front beautifully!! Love all the different reds you used.

JustGail said...

This quilt is Yummy! I love the backing you used, even better that it was in the stash just waiting for its top.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That quilt is a beauty both front and back, but then I am partial to red.

Kathy E. said...

Oh how awesome! The variations of red work so well together and all the plugs of color in the strips are so glorious together. Well done!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Red can be a neutral and your quilt shows that. Fabulous!

Diane Koch said...

What a beautiful quilt. Amazing how different the multicolored strips look with the red than they did with the gold. Great inpsiration for me!

Mystic Quilter said...

InspiRED is is somewhat luminous with all the bright jewel colours, love it!!

QuiltGranma said...

beautiful! Red is my favorite accent color!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This is beautiful! I think that A multi colored quilt should have a multi spelled name haha!! Love the texture on that quilting too - its an amazing piece!

Mary Ellen said...

I love the red! The whole quilt actually. Freddie Moran considers red a neutral.

gayle said...

This quilt is just breathtaking! And inspired! And InspiRED!