Monday, June 7, 2021

Fourth of July - the Quilt



Fourth of July started back in June of 2019 when
I was inspired by Linda's sharing of the "Bertha" quilt.
 
I raided the stash and cut a lot of 9" squares 
to make a Bertha quilt of my own.

(you can see Linda's quilt top here
and her finished quilt here)




In May 2020 I decided to repurpose my still-unused squares 
into hourglass blocks for the then-current AHIQ challenge.

My quilt top was completed in June 2020.




Now, a year later, Fourth of July is finished.

I'm really pleased with the scrappy pieced back.




Quilted with rows of my liberated fans
using Glide thread in Graphite.

48" x 60"


* * *


Next up for FMQ will be Hello July . . . 



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Put on your red shoes and dance the blues.”
David Bowie

9 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Reversible! Love the front and back!

Ellie said...

Great finishes! Adorable grandchild as well!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Festive quilt with a meandering path to completion (in typical Julie fashion.) I'm a sucker for quilts with a red/white/blue color scheme. LOVE it!!

Julierose said...

Really lovely finish on your 4th of July quilt! Nice work
Don't you love having a "Holiday" quilt all ready to just pull out???
hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wonderful quilt. Quilting is great. I love using Graphite also. The back is so much fun. Terrific finish.

Vicki W said...

Lovely quilt and a wonderful backing! I need to do one of these for our local veterans hospital project. I've got a lot of leftover RWB fabrics. I hadn't even thought of doing a bog scrappy HST project.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love the back! And your quilting adds some very visible texture, looking so good ❤️

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

LOVE Fourth of July! We celebrate that holiday in a very big way here Near Philadelphia.

Dorothy said...

Love the quilt and the quote