These beauties came to live in my studio . . .
The largest piece is a yard
while the others are half or 3/4 yards.
Perfect for adding flashes to color to the stash.
After discovering the new
I raided the resource boxes and pulled these fabric pairs
to make four more masks for myself.
With PT twice a week for a month,
it will be good to have more variety
and also allow for stress-less drying time
when the masks are hand washed and air dried.
(I don't want to develop "maskne")
I was pretty excited when I found the last bit
of green blah-blah-blah fabric.
My hot pink and bright aqua blah-blah masks
continue to provoke grins and giggles,
so it will be fun to add a third to the mix.
Little Man and his parents came over for Father's Day
and we enjoyed a socially distanced back yard picnic.
When they were here just before the stay at home started,
I traced Little Man's body shape on the concrete.
(pale faded yellow outline)
Today he wanted to do it again and he told me to
"use ALL the colors, Mee Mah"
So we did.
Look how he's grown in just three months.
He also decorated the entrance to Dee Dah's shop/studio.
Priceless.
* * *
Life intervened so I haven't even
plugged in the new computer.
Maybe later this week,
after running the board meeting,
if all goes well.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“I remind myself every morning:
Nothing I say this day will teach me anything.
So if I’m going to learn, I must do it by listening.”
Larry King





7 comments:
So glad that you guys were able to have family time for Father's Day, Julie. Here's hoping that your upcoming PT works wonders for you!
Stash enhancement is a Good Thing. Interesting about "maskne."
My coworkers and I know all too well about "maskne" but never thought docs would take it that seriously! And now I remember I used to have some blah!blah!blah! fabric, too (different print), but sent my leftovers to a friend. Boy, that would have made an even better mask than the ninjas. Oh well. It went to a good home, so I'll just enjoy your pics instead.
Yay, for unplugging and, yay, for Little Man's art :)
Fun with grandson! And sidewalk chalk, opportunity for self expression, a young artist!
What a treat to see your grandson and mark his growth.
He has grown a lot! I know distancing isn't the same as hugs, but it must still be a real treat to see him at all.
Post a Comment