Monday, April 13, 2020

Reciprocity - The Flimsy and Back



I last shared this project in May 2019
when the blocks were finished and clipped for webbing
to become a kitchen table quilt.

Since then it had been sitting in a project box.

Last week I finally sewed the top and the back together.

(shown above before their final pressing)




Here is Reciprocity's double four patch top.

It measures 60" x 60"




I love the random scrappiness of the four patches.




I also love the way that gray/black print unifies the whole.




Here is the sewn-together backing.




This was supposed to be quilted and ready on April 1.

Oops.




I plan to get it finished in time 
to use it for the final part of April 


Maybe by then the worst of pollen season
will be over so I can take outdoor photos
without first having to scrub down our patio table.

Wishful thinking, I know.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Let’s take our hearts for a walk in the woods and listen to the magic whispers of old trees . . ."

Wild Woman Sisterhood

8 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy quilting, Julie! It's going to be a beauty. Front AND back!

Julierose said...

I love both sides--beautiful fabric choices...
~ ~ ~ waving in the pouring rain...Julierose

Quilting Babcia said...

The front may say April Showers but the back says May Flowers!

Janie said...

I agree, 'the back says May flowers!'
And pollen is in the air here too.

Ann said...

The grey fabric really sets off all those cheerful colors. Great back. Green for life. I'm glad you're working on it again.

Kaja said...

That's not a flimsy and back; it's more like a double sided quilt. :-)

Linda M said...

I love it! It’s so cheerful! I think I need to make one of these. Any advice?

Mary Ellen said...

I love this. Simply scrapoy four patches and a neutral! I could do something like this right now. It would be relaxing.