Saturday, March 7, 2020

Dumpster Diving 8-Bella - FINALLY!



It appears the only time I've mentioned this project
was HERE when it was at its very beginning.

Since then the sewing of pairs and pairs into foursies
has been a leader ender project of massive proportions.

At one point I stopped and cut the long long strip
into sub units for blocks . . . nope, no where near enough.

So I cut more and started leader endering again.




After a few more weeks of stitching small pieces together,
I had this tall container filled for the second time
with another very long strip.

Time to sub cut a second time for more blocks.




Once again I came up short by 6 blocks' worth of strips.

Grrrrrrrr




FINALLY . . . the third time proved to be the last go-round.

I now have enough sub cut strips to start piecing blocks.

* * *

Good thing this is a long term
in-between-other-things project!


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“To listen well, you may have to restrain yourself from disagreeing or giving advice or talking about your own experience.  Temporarily at least, listening is a one-sided relationship.”

Michael Nichols, The Lost Art of Listening

10 comments:

swooze said...

Inch by inch lifes a cinch!

Elaine M said...

Oh yum! That pile of solids make me want to dive in. I enjoyed going back to your past posts.

Judy in Michigan said...

I admire your persistence!! Keep on stitching!!

Julierose said...

Ooh i like how this is looking already...nice use of strip pieces...hugs, Julierose

Linda Swanekamp said...

The colors are looking mighty fun in the combos.

Dorothy said...

Looking forward to seeing the blocks and to see how you put them into a quilt top. You have my head spinning in what to do with my scraps :-)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Coming you short on blocks (and time) is exactly how I ended up with a table topper and tables runner for my friend's bridal shower and wedding gifts. SEW glad you had the luxury of time for Bella!!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

That's a lot of pieces, and a lot of color! Looking forward to seeing this one take shape.

Quilter Kathy said...

This looks like soooo much fun!

Mystic Quilter said...

I envy your patience Julie!! Bella is going to be another oh so colourful quilt.