Monday, December 2, 2019

Eira - The Flimsy (almost)



And we have a completed quilt top . . . 
except that I noticed something near the bottom
AFTER I took this photo.




Glad I saved those extra pieces and parts -
I forgot to include one of the snowflake's extensions.




I need to mix and match the prints before 
I take this apart and insert the correct blocks.

Thankfully this is close to an exterior edge of the top.

The back is ready to sew together
but decorating the house and other things
took priority this weekend.

All in good time.

* * *

And for those who asked how large the squares are:
in all fairness to the designer, please click HERE
to purchase your own copy of her well-crafted pattern.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire
to understand."
Neil Armstrong

10 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

I guess I don't know the pattern as well as you do. I didn't see the mistake. It looks good. Interested to see how you quilt it. You are making me want to make one!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Each snowflake is different. I probably would have just left it as shown. It's SEW pretty!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its amazing!! I would love to learn the *web method* you used to put the rows together....

Nikki said...

Love this pattern and have been eyeing it for a month. Thru your link it was on sale so I bought it. So excited to try it. Have you seen the ones on IG?

Barb N said...

I really like the colors you've used for your snowflake! Very fun!

Nann said...

Oops! Good thing you found it before it was quilted. Some goofs can be dismissed but that one throws off the design.

Vicki W said...

That's a really cute quilt. Glad the fix is pretty simple!

Mystic Quilter said...

Super quilt top and lucky that you spotted the missing snowflake extension early!

Ann said...

Such excellent color choices. Very sophisticated. I’m glad you caught the missing point.

Jennifer said...

great quilt! thanks for sharing the link again! i had intended to purchase the pattern before, but "lost" the link. all good now! but: when i had asked before about the size of the squares, i was just curious. it sounded like you had drafted your own, from the way it was worded. wasn't implying that you "cheated" or that i wanted to either... but: i'll put this snowy quilt on my to-do list! (after christmas, of course!)