Monday, November 25, 2019

Feliz Navidad - the Flimsy AND Back



I started this quilt late in 2018.

The blocks were completed in December '18 and 
have been waiting nearly a year to be sewn together.

At long last they are now a quilt top.

48" x 64"




And while I was at it - I pieced the back.

Three panels with 2.5" strips in between
plus fabric leftover from previous 
Christmas quilt backs.

* * *

After Thanksgiving I plan to get busy
and quilt Feliz Navidad so we can use it
during the upcoming Christmas season.

It feels good to have a "finish"
to share here.


Quiltdivajulie

9 comments:

Quayquilter said...

Ho! Ho! Ho! Christmas cheer!

Pamela Arbour said...

Love your top. Nice blend of Christmas fabrics and fantastic back! I never thought to turn the panels sideways and make a backing. Great idea! I am a shamed to say that I do seem to buy multiples of panels sometimes. Great way to use them.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Ugh! Now, you've got me wanting to drag out all of my Christmas quilt stuff. Thanks a lot, Julie!! (Like I needed one more thing to do.)

Jeanne said...

Love it!!! Maybe I still have time to start one? :)

LA Paylor said...

It is so striking! And so your style. Good work! And you get more done than any three people I know. LeeAnna

Nikki said...

Love your quilt. You have inspired me!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Every year I think I will make a Christmas quilt, and then the year rockets by! Congratulations on your finish!

Nann said...

The panels are perfect for the quilt back. (I am not a panel person but I do like pieced backs.)

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm another quilter who always intends to have a Christmas quilt ready for the festive season, never seem to make it though, perhaps next year! I love Feliz Navidad.