Friday, November 15, 2019

DD7-RESPITE - The Plan




This was the state of Dumpster Diving 7's elements
after my three-day demo at Davies Manor.

Unpressed and rumpled.




It took quite a while to press those 
long long strips of purples and greens
and the 44 triangle in a square blocks.




After pressing, I was able to determine
how many inches I had to work with.

That, in turn, allowed me
to design Respite so there would
be a minimal amount of  leftovers.

(Respite is the third quilt from this color group -
clearly I got carried away with that initial
fabric pull and 1.5" strip cutting marathon!)

* * *

Now that I have a clear plan
Respite can go back on the shelf
while I finish up For the Birds and Eira.

(with a plan in place, it will wait quietly
instead of nagging my subconscious
every waking and sleeping moment)


Quiltdivajulie

5 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Thanks for sharing your plans.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like a plan, Julie! Have fun with those other projects now. I'll be waiting for the REAL quilt to emerge next year.

Mystic Quilter said...

I can't get enough of your DD series, always a surprise for us. I love the purple and green so no problem for me to see these colours once more. Great planning too!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Ok, I see the plan, but don't get it- so I will wait for more to come. Isn't graph paper wonderful?

Nann said...

It's interesting to see how you came up with the plan. Love the colors and the pieced triangle units.