Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Tranquility - the Quilt



I bought the fabrics for this top during
a Cyber Monday blowout sale in 2017.

I started piecing the top in December of 2017 
using the well-known tutorial shared by Bonnie Hunter.

The top was completed in January 2018.

Since then, it has been waiting to be finished.




45" wide x 58" long

Quilted with my unmarked liberated orange peel design
using Glide thread in Warm Grey 4.




The backing is Phillip Jacobs Brassica
purchased in September 2017
at Hancock's of Paducah.

I used the same fabric for binding.




Tranquility will be gifted at the end of September.

It feels good to have this one finished -
I'm not sure why I waited so long.



Quiltdivajulie
------------------------------------
“Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man’s desire to understand.” 
Neil Armstrong


15 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

It is gorgeous. I love the quilting. Great choice.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It does look peaceful Maybe I would sleep better under a tranquil quilt, hah! It looks like you changed up the backing fabric from the past post and I think it is just a lovely choice.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Lovely! Excellent name for it. I'm sure the giftee will love it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW sweet, Julie!! I can plainly see it through the shaded photos. Although, I find myself wanting a non-shaded view of it. Still, great use of Bonnie's Scrappy Trips!

Paulette said...

So lovely and tranquil, indeed. Love the orange peel quilting. It's perfect for it.

Vicki W said...

What a perfect name for a lovely quilt!

Kyle said...

The quilt does evoke a soft and tranquil feeling. A perfect match up with the backing.

LA Paylor said...

how's the teaching going?
Leeanna

Barb N said...

This quilt deserved to be finished, and I'm certain it will be thoroughly enjoyed!

Havplenty said...

What a tranquil beauty.

Magpie Sue said...

Just looking at the pictures of this quilt makes me feel more peaceful. :-)

Kay said...

This quilt is absolutely lovely.

Ann said...

Such a peaceful looking quilt and the quilting looks like perfect curves. Congratulations on another good finish.

Preeti said...

Everything about this quilt is so soft and gentle like a baby's breath!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

What a change from your most recent post! Such soft, soft pastels and a lovely gift.