Monday, August 12, 2019

Optic Strings and Conundrum - Weeks 7 and 8 Recap



Since I took a week off on this project
I doubled up this past week
making fifteen blocks in all.




Instead of individual photos
I took section shots to show
details on the various fabrics.




Some combinations are quite subtle.




Other combinations are quite bold.




This is the first time I've put
more than seven blocks
on the design wall at the same time . . . 




I'm happy that there are only three more weeks
of block making before I can play with all 80 blocks.

* * * 

I'll share an update on the
 flying geese project in a few days.

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures for anything.”

Irish Proverb

6 comments:

Julierose said...

this is really coming along so well..pretty combos...hugs, Julierose

Ann said...

Very interesting. Some of them look old fashioned while others are so modern. It will be good to see all 80 soon.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love the look of using only two fabrics for each block. I might have missed your saying how wide the strips are and what block size this is. I think I'm going to give the two fabric method a try.
xx, Carol

Mystic Quilter said...

It's exciting to think we'l soon be able to see all 80 on the wall. You have created a wonderful mix of fabrics in these blocks.

Bernie Kringel said...

Beautiful Julie - Simple design and such clean lines. I really like this.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I really really like those!!