While the 35 blocks hung out on the design wall,
I thought a lot about a comment Jan O. shared
last time I posted about this quilt.
She used the word "luminous"
and I realized that was a perfect quilt name.
But what to do with Not a Mystery,
which I also thought was a decent quilt name?
As I was taking blocks off the wall,
a solution dawned on me.
This is my fourth quilt project
inspired by one of Bonnie Hunter's
annual mystery quilts.
So . . .
I created a new page here on the blog
and titled it NOT A MYSTERY
It features Dandelion Detour,
Joy in the Journey, Party Hat Optional,
and now Luminous.
Naming problem solved!
* * *
Our master bath renovation has started with
most of the noisy (!) demolition completed.
While they are working downstairs,
I have been upstairs cleaning up the studios
and updating/editing project files/boxes.
I also laid out and assembled
the second and third quilt tops
from 70273 Project block drives
held locally after last fall's Davies show.
The long skinny top (No. 768) is pin basted and
the other one (No. 767) is ready for basting.
I also pin basted the final two sample barn blocks
to be used when I teach from BUILD A BARN
at Fabric for the Flock in August and October.
Now when the mood to quilt strikes,
these will be ready for action.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Making progress is a process, so take it one step at a time."
Ziarising



5 comments:
The quilt with the cows caught my immediate attention... and not in a bad way. To me, it looks like there is a fire in the background... all I could think of is that it's going "like a house/barn on fire". :)
Your solution the the name game is SEW perfect, as is the name for your Good Fortune inspired quilt!!
Love your design wall and what is one it...and the blocks...so interesting.
Ah yes, perfect solution! I do love the name Luminous since it truly does glow. And now people can go directly to the button and look at all the non mysteries!
I visited your new Not a Mystery page -- your IBB (Inspired By Bonnie) quilts are wonderful! I should take a leaf from your playbook and dip my toes into the water rather than leaping in. (I catch Quiltville Mystery fever every year.)
Post a Comment