With Mosaic finished, I needed to come up
with a new project to finish out RSC19.
I've settled on the double plus block
shared by Wombat Quilts.
I'll use this month to get caught up using
these reds (January), yellows (February),
greens (March), and aquas (April).
And I'll use these text fabrics
as the scrappy background fabrics.
These are the first two blocks . . .
. . . and these will be the second two.
(after I replace that darkest gray)
* * *
Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
Quiltdivajulie




14 comments:
I absolutely love those text prints! I have a plus quilt started with grey, black and white neutrals but stalled because I want to change the batik plus signs to something else but can't decide what yet. How ironic that you are making a very similar quilt! Yours will be striking.
Thanks, Julie! I think you just have me ANOTHER pattern to work on... SOMEDAY. These blocks are SEW cute!!!
Double Plus is a beauty-- extra POSITIVITY! :)
Lovely texting prints--against those rich colors--it will be so pretty hugs, Julierose
That dark gray, used judiciously, might make add some interesting pops here and there . . .
Oh great blocks! I love how you plan - Love that glimpse into your brain to see whats next.... ( i think my brain my have lost power!!)
As usual, I love your colors. I looked at the link for the block and then on Instagram for the top. Yours will look great.
What a fun block. The pluses in two sizes adds so much interest.
Another great block to highlight those rainbow colors.
Those are great blocks! I'll enjoy seeing what develops from them!
I've been collecting text prints for a while, too, after seeing them used as background in a scrappy quilt. I have 3 or 4 of the ones you showed. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.
Pat
wow! all the heart eyes for that pile of texts. love them! i like your new pattern/quiltIP. looks like what i did for my RSC16- a low volume plus. (it's on my bed now...) but i did mine in 12 patch. i love the tiny little blocks- wish i had thought of that... i also did a "reverse" low volume. that's the one that you sent me fabric for.
( i still can't get over how organized you are! i should be taking notes!!!)
And a good plan it is! I like that block and the background fabrics. I've been making a plain old plus block off and on for awhile but may have to have a go at this one too. Maybe a reversible one!
I have been collecting low-volume fabrics for some time now but my stash is so impoverished in comparison to your horde. I am jealous. Sorry, I cannot be neutral about it :-D Lovely blocks.
Post a Comment