Friday, December 28, 2018

Studio Update




A week or so ago I shared this photo
of the window in my design studio
and hinted that something different
was going to happen in that space.



THIS is the something different.

The last time the studio was rearranged
to house the bookshelf to the left of the window,
my die cutter ended up on a shelf in the closet.

It was never meant to be a long term home
because it was not at all useful there.

DH found this discounted rolling tool cabinet
sitting outside one of the big box stores last week.

BINGO!

What a perfect base for my die cutter.




The wide drawer is now home to my cutting mats
and the papers that come with each die.




And the double doors open to reveal
easy-access storage for my dies.

DH customized the space with a short riser
so the extra-long log cabin die lays flat on the bottom
with the others dies on the upper level.

Proof once again that studio equipment
does not need to come from the quilt shop.

* * *

I'll be using the die cutter for my 2019 RSC project
so I'm delighted to have it ready for action once again.



Quiltdivajulie

9 comments:

Kyle said...

Whatever your space is having it functional is key. Looks like you're set.

Robby said...

Great solution!

karen said...

I've been looking for a rolling solution for my Studio cutter, too. I'd been looking at rolling kitchen carts, but I haven't found one quite the right size that I liked or was willing to pay for. I think your tool cabinet is a much better idea. I'll be heading to the hardware store next to check out the prices!

The Joyful Quilter said...

And it has WHEEEls!!! :o))

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, my, what a super duper idea! I need to do this!

Angie said...

Thanks for the great storage idea! Dear Hubby gifted me with a die cutter for Christmas, and I was concerned about it taking up most of the space on my big cutting table. This could be the perfect solution - once I move some extraneous furniture out of the sewing room.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Awesome! I agree, out of sight equals out of mind and one needs tools handy for maximum creativity to soar. Well done!!

LA Paylor said...

wow! perfect cabinet!

Shelina said...

That looks like a nice sturdy, functional place to put the die cutter and accessories. And it looks good too in your sewing room.