Early in the month,
I stitched my Colorwash 360
class project quilt top together.
I also quilted and bound Marathon,
and even added a sleeve and label.
On a whim I pulled fabrics from my resource boxes
inspired by the colors chosen by Bonnie Hunter
for her 2018 mystery quilt named Good Fortune.
(let's all say it together -- SQUIRREL)
In the weeks since that fabric pull,
I've changed my mind about how I plan to use them
which should come as no surprise
to those of you who know me.
I am not going to die cut half rectangles.
Instead, this will be the fabric pull for
my first quilt of Sujata Shah's
(nicknamed the U&UQA)
I'm looking forward to our January 7th start.
Feliz Navidad moved from fabric pull
to pieced blocks ready to be webbed together.
As I pieced those sixteen patches,
I also stitched quite a few pairs of squares
for one of several leader-ender projects
prepped for next year - all designed to
use my over-abundant stash of 2.5" strips
that have accumulated over the years.
And in the space of two weeks,
I conceived, designed, pieced, quilted, bound,
and gifted Busy Town to Little Man.
You can read that story here.
Now that I have a new plan for the BH fabric pull,
I've shifted the half-rectangles idea
to THIS fabric pull featuring
fabrics from Needle & Thread and my stash.
AND I finally finished up the current
AHIQ Maps and Mapping Challenge.
You can read my last few posts using the links below:
I'm curious to see what the
next AHIQ challenge will be.
* * *
I've also been thinking about
what I want to work on in 2019.
I'll be back to share those ideas on January 1st.
Quiltdivajulie







7 comments:
I don't know how else to say it- you are amazing. You inspire me and make me wish I was your BFF. Thank you for the wonderful photos and words.
you are so productive, I wish you a fun new year!
I agree with Linda.. you are amazing, and I just love your work. Along with everything else, I love the Busy Town quilt and its cute backing fabric! And.. I'm excited to read about the U&UQAL. I'm going to join in.
You're ending the year on such a positive note - and it sounds like you have plenty of fun and inspiration to look forward to next year!
Bravo!!
Wonderful organisation from you again Julie! Your new set up for the cutter is excellent and the tool cabinet was a great find by your husband.
Ooops, sent my comment too soon - your information re Privacy and Cookies is an excellent idea, I have seen it on Victoria's blog and tI feel it is so very well written, I think all bloggers should have the necessary explanation on their blogs.
Post a Comment