Monday, December 17, 2018

Feliz Navidad - Ready to Assemble



All 48 sixteen-patch blocks
have been laid out on the design wall.

(I finished the rest while waiting for 
a certain quilt backing to arrive)



Scrappy through and through.




I'm eager to see what happens
when the blocks are sewn together
and those seam allowances disappear.




Hoping that this one will get sewn together
yet this week . . . time will tell.




This is how the design studio window looks now.

But within a few weeks
there will be something old and something new
occupying that floor space.

I think I'm going to like it a lot.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"It's good to feel the rush of something nice coming on."
Mary Smart

9 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow, a gorgeous quilt and being kept in suspense, what a blog post combo! Always wanted to make a Christmas quilt.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

The quilt is lovely and the colors are perfectly distributed. Perfection for the eye.
Merry Christmas.

Nann said...

What an easy and effective way to use those Christmas prints! The studio photo looks like a magazine set.

LA Paylor said...

now that's a Christmas quilt to snuggle under. Great job. Can't remember how large the blocks are...

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I love it!!!!

Ann said...

I like the white diagonals running through this quilt.

Preeti said...

Beautiful, through and through. Both the quilt and the design studio. Hope your Christmas is Merry and Bright and your new year is joyful too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Another studio change?! Looking forward to seeing what you've got up your sleeve this time AND can't WAIT to see Feliz Navidad assembled!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Now you have me pondering on what changes are afoot in your studio!!