Friday, November 16, 2018

Touching Base

double click to supersize

After even more tweaking,
THIS is the final layout 
for my colorwash quilt top.

(shown here with each square
securely pinned on the design wall)




And later in the week,
this is how that same design wall looked.

All 285 squares are now safely clipped together
and ready to sew when time permits.

It feels so good to reach this point in the process.




I had a bit of time to work on blocks 
for my next LQS class sample (January 2019)
and I used these bits and pieces as leader-enders.

The contents of this box,
along with another huge stack of pinned pairs,
will slowly but surely become 
Dumpster Diving 4.0 aka 'Tis the Season.

(actual design still to be decided)

The quilt will not be ready for use this year
but these pieces WILL become a quilt top 
before year end.




And with a few minutes of stitching here and there
over the past few weeks,
all of the kaleidoscope centers for 
Someday is Now
(inspired by Sujata Shah's Organized Chaos design)
are sewn and laid out on the design wall.

I've added corners and sewn the first two rows together.

Only six more rows to go . . .


***

Little Man will be here this weekend
for his monthly sleepover visit
and I don't know about you,
but I cannot believe Thanksgiving
is happening next week!


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return."
Ralph Marston

6 comments:

Preeti said...

Love your interpretation of the Colorwash. I am sure your flimsy will be don in no time once you start sewing. I am very excited about the next Dumpster Dive. Have a fun-filled turkey day with plenty of happiness left over.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I always enjoy your quotes. I used to have a blog and I always had favorite quotes.
The colorwash quilt is beautiful. It will be wonderful to have it sewn up
The kaleidoscope blocks are very nice.
Have fun with your little fella. They grow so fast. We are truly blessed to have such a gift as grand kiddos. I have 4 grand daughters now (two daughters) They are pretty little but the oldest age 3.5 is a hoot. And we can go for long walks in the woods. I hope the weather allows for a lot of outside romping

Linda Swanekamp said...

The colorwash looks great. Mine is sewn. It will be posted soon. Love the kaleidoscope quilt. I have to quilt mine and get started on a floral one. Need to get sewing on some made fabric and figure out a way to set it so it doesn't drive my eyes crazy. Great progress!

Kaja said...

The year is going so fast, isn't it? I love your kaleidoscopes - makes me want to try one.

Ann said...

Kaleidoscopes are such fun and this is looking great. Congrats on all your progress. Enjoy the weekend with Little Man.

Mystic Quilter said...

Great final layout for the colourwash Julie and your Kaleidoscope is a stunner, I love it!!