Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Grateful




So grateful for so many things . . . 

seen and unseen . . . 

large and small . . . 

near and far . . . 




I found this framed print at Hobby Lobby last week.

It is now hanging in our kitchen
as a timely reminder to look beyond the noise
of seasonal marketing and super sales . . .

Please hug your family members
and have a meaningful Thanksgiving week.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.”
Melody Beattie

10 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Continuing with your mindfulness for 2018. Can you believe how fast this year went! Have a wonderful thanksgiving.

Lori said...

I agree completely!! I have so much to be grateful for.

Mystic Quilter said...

Can't believe that Christmas is almost here! You do have a very timely reminder to see each day as you prepare meals. Hope all went well on Monday.

julieQ said...

I too am grateful! Happy Thanksgiving, every day!

Shirl S said...

About 25 years ago we decided to stop the Christmas commercialism. We picked names for a few years and quickly changed to no gifts beyond immediate family. We alL LOVE it, the stress, the mess, the haste and the waste is gone. We actually enjoy the season and can really focus on a special meal, gifts for the needy, large donation to the food bank etc. ENJOY!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Happy Thanksgiving.
xx, Carol

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I love it, and I love you. Thank you so much for sharing your inspirations and creativity

audrey said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm loving the sentiment of your sign. Probably the first year in a long time I'm not planning on going Black Friday shopping.:)

Bambi Pearson said...

Happy Thanksgiving Julie! Hope you have a wonderful and blessed day.

Barb said...

What a sweet post! Thank you for sharing all your creativity with us throughout the year.