Friday, November 23, 2018

Dumpster Diving 4 (The Christmas Edition) Takes Shape



There's been some serious power sewing
happening over the last few days.

Scraps were paired 
then paired again leader ender style
as I pieced the blocks
for two class sample quilt tops.

The resulting pairs were paired yet again 
so the segments were long enough to chain piece 
end-to-end without interruption.




By Thanksgiving afternoon it was time 
to press that long LONG strip.

(the quilt in the background 
is one that Wanda made/quilted)




The uber-LONG strip was sub-cut 
into approx. 66" lengths which
are now pinned to the design wall.

There are fifty strips.

They'll each finish at 1" wide.




Here's a close up so you can see the wide variety
of prints in this glorious holiday mashup.




Next step will be to start sewing these together . . .


Quiltdivajulie

19 comments:

Dorothy said...

I love it ! And I would dumpster dive in your scraps any day of the week :-)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I've been seeing a lot of Vortex scrap blocks. These strips would be so much easier. I'm definitely going to keep this one in mind.
xx, Carol

Sharon said...

Wow! That is alot of scraps! Beautiful!

Mary Ellen said...

So very Christmasy! Love it.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Ooh love this!

Jeanne said...

Oh, this is awesome!

LA Paylor said...

wowie! It's glorious!

Alison said...

Fabulous! Love it.

em's scrapbag said...

What a fun holiday mash up!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Oh this is really festive

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a FUN quilt this is going to be!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

A very happy Christmas quilt Julie! I feel a scrap Squirrel ready to make a home from my two boxes of scraps.

Kaja said...

You have so many great winter/Christmassy fabrics in this. I like your way of editing the original idea a lot.

Nancy said...

Long, long seams- with wonderful results! Nice assortment of scraps, too.

Kay said...

What a delightful quilt this will be!

Barb said...

wow love this!

Robby said...

Holy Moly! And Wow! What a fabulous use of Christmas bits and bobs which I have an abundance of. Liking this very much and awaiting the big finish. As always, thank you for sharing your creativity with us here on your blog.

Ann said...

A Christmas jingle. What fun.

Cotton Farmer said...

So fun, Julie! And I love how this coordinates with your new Grinch sign! Hope you had a wonderful weekend. We so enjoyed the kids (and especially Langston šŸ˜‰) being here. Now a quiet evening at home and I'm back to sewing. 😁