Monday, July 16, 2018

The Monday After



Friday morning bright and early I headed north
to meet up with three blogging buddies in St. Louis
ahead of the evening's lecture/trunk show.

We met up at Jackman's Fabrics,
migrated to The Quilted Fox,
and believe it or not,
these 12 fat quarters (2 of each)
and 2 half-yard cuts (the purples)
were all I brought home.

I surprised even myself
with how little I purchased - 
there was SO much beautiful fabric
in those two stores . . . 
I wish they were closer so I could visit more often.




After dinner, we headed to the lecture/trunk show venue.

Here's a selfie taken by Kevin the Quilter
 with Jan Ochterbeck 
and fellow AQS author of Cut and Shuffle Quilts
and Cherie Moore 
(The Quilted Jonquil and a member of the SSOBB -
Cherie's been away from her blog for a while but
is planning to start posting again soon)

The four of us had SO much fun together
and it was wonderful to meet Kevin and Jan
in person for the first time.




Cherie took this photo just before the meeting started
with all of my quilts still in the four large plastic boxes
I used to transport them in the back of the rented SUV.

The trunk show included my first two quilts,
37 others, and ended with my most recent finish 
and highlighted my love affair with saturated colors



Kevin took this photo when
 I was talking about Happy Strings.
(double click to enlarge if you want to see more detail)

It was a fun-filled evening with lots of smiles and
excellent questions from the 55 guild members 
and 13 guests in attendance.

Thank you to the Thimble and Thread guild 
for inviting me, enjoying my life in quilts,
and making me feel so welcome.

* * *

Tomorrow I'll share photos from 
Saturday's all-day liberated birds class.

Just wait until you see what the students made!



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------

8 comments:

Ann said...

Meeting quilting pen pals is so exciting. And a lecture and workshop. Congratulations.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Julie, it was such a pleasure to meet you and spend time getting to know you Friday. I really enjoyed your trunk show and seeing your quilts in person. Thank you!

Linda Swanekamp said...

What a fun trip and Kevin, too! Wish I was there. I have had the bird pattern and have not got my act into gear to make some. So glad you could take a fun and people filled trip!

Mari said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Frog Quilter said...

Ditto on the fun trip. Love trunk shows and I'm sure yours is fabulous. Meeting Kevin wow!

audrey said...

I just feel so happy for you getting to have this good experience and meet up with some quilting friends. Yay you!

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh how fun! Fun fun fun... I am green with envy!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh how much fun was that!!! and they got to hear your lecture!!! You need to come to COlorado now!!