This is The Grape Pansy Caper - Part One
freshly quilted and trimmed but not yet bound.
The Mystery quilt block pattern
was given to participants last February.
(The Case of the Flamingo Chain
from Billie Lauder's Mystery Quilt Series
Locked Up in Chains)
Color choices and layout options
were left up to individual participants.
You can read the three previous
posts for this project
by clicking HERE
and scrolling down.
I quilted GPC-1 with a lot of
free motion liberated spirals
using Gilde thread in Turf green.
Here is the unbound quilt outdoors on the driveway.
I am elated with the texture.
I used Scrollscapes yardage in Emerald Green
(Dan Morris for Quilting Treasures)
for the quilt's backing.
The texture on the back is also amazing.
With a bit of creative cutting,
there was even enough of the leftover backing
to use for binding!
54" wide x 65" long
Hanging at the quilt show.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"A
Marianne Williamson








11 comments:
Love the beautiful green in this quilt.
I really like a lot the way the black and white prints set everything off in this one. Plain white would look static, I think, but your quilt dances.
I like the way your chains change size. Very effective with the different background prints.
I love it! Thanks for all the pics.
It is an unusual quilt. The quilting is gorgoeos and bravo on the finish.
The purple and green look great together, and the backing is beautiful. Congratulations on another pretty finish!
Congrats on the finish! You know I love the colors in the Grape Pansy Quilt Series :)
So simple yet so dramatic. I need to simplify.....
Congratulations on a lovely finish! Amazing work.
Awesome finish!!!
It's a great finish. Love the movement both with the quilting design and the variations of blocks sizes
Post a Comment