Tuesday, April 4, 2017

The Silo Sampler





In honor of my book's first birthday,
I'm sharing some recently constructed silos.

If you still need to get a copy of the book,
this link will help --



If you'd rather have an e-book, click here





This sturdy stone silo has a multi-angle top.




This concrete version is typical of so many silos here
with its flat, contrast-banded top.






And this pair features that same flat-top look
but with a tree growing out the top.

I've seen ONE tree silo so far.
(near Franklin, Tennessee)

that shows lots and lots of other tree silos.

There's also a very interesting article
about tree silos HERE.




Because this photo is so wide
you'll need to double-click to enlarge it.

I'll quilt it one of these days,
but for now the silo sampler 
makes me happy just the way it is.




Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"We all live under the same sky, 
but we don't all have the same horizon."
Konrad Adenauer

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

The silos made me smile! I especially love the stone one.

Barbara said...

These are really great. I have the book. We're taking off on our trip in September, when I'm going to see and photograph lots of barns. Can't wait to start putting this all to good use by making a quilt.

Janie said...

Congratulations, one year of publication!
I like your silos, all unique designs.
Peace by piece.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Side-by-side silos, they look wonderful; happy, happy birthday Build-A-Barn!