This week's RSC effort
involved the sixteen patch project.
I laughed when I realized
they'd be shared on the 16th of the month.
These simply make me happy.
The goal is a quilt top
in the 48" x 64" range
meaning I'll need 48
of these 8" blocks.
48 divided by 3/month
means this will be a
sixteen month project.
16 - 16 - 16
Really ?!?
* * *
| Lynne's Liberated Birds - Lynne Tyler (copyright 2016) |
Remember my bird post
from a few weeks ago?
Lynne has just finished
writing an excellent tutorial
for her birds.
It is available
for only $10
from her Etsy shop.
Go on . . .
You know you've been
wanting to make
a flock of your own.
(I've also added a
permanent link
to the tutorial
in my sidebar)
* * *
Linking up with the
Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
to see what the others are working on.
Quiltdivajulie



16 comments:
All those 16s in a row - the universe is telling you something. It makes me smile too.
I like your 16's!!! Too funny - all the 16's lining up that way
I like your 16s. They make me smile too. I might do something like that for next year's RSC Challenge.
Sixteen is a good number, so embrace it! We have two family members and a cat (make that three family members) with birthdays today. Anyway, I love your sweet sixteen patch blocks! They are smile-inducing.
The photo of all of the blocks together looks like it will be an amazing quilt! I would be tempted not to wait so long for a finish!
I love to see all the blocks together. Those colours are playing so nicely together. Wow! I LOOOOOVE it!! (Get a lottery ticket with 16 in it. I would!) Enjoy! ;^)
The combination of bright pinks and the b/w really is great. They do stand out in the crowd, very cheerful. Have a fun week!
the 16 patch blocks are so pretty! I like the newspaper fabric you are usind for them. You hace already a great collection of them. Have a great weekend!
Perky pinks!
Love those 16patches!
brilliant color on the pink 16's and like those black n whites with.
Thanks for the bird tutorial... I want to make some... some time...
Ha! 16's on the 16th for 16 months! Thanks for the permanent link to the tutorial; I'll know where to find it when I'm finally ready.
That was cute. 16-16-16 Your blocks look so good together, it makes me want to make some!
Color use is just right on those 16's, makes them look great.
Your 16 patches look great, love the bright colors you've used.
I agree - your 16 patch are "happy" making! They look wonderful together and you'll have a beautiful quilt at the end of the year.
I love the word background. Because of your projects, I've made one quilt with word backgrounds and now I buy word fabric every time I find some. Thanks for helping add to the stash!
Post a Comment