Monday, March 28, 2016

Pollyanna's Barn



How many of you read Pollyanna when you were growing up?

My mother was a pro at teaching us how to play "The Glad Game."




 Made entirely of scraps from the resource and crumb boxes,
this rosy-hued barn reminds me of Pollyanna's optimistic outlook.

And in case you've never seen a pink barn before,
click here to see lots of them via Google Images.




22.5" wide x 18.5" tall

I can see vertical quilting lines on the lower story,
lines delineating the window panes,
and horizontal lines in the haymow level . . .

I can also see clam-shell stitching in the barnyard
and watery meandering or loose spirals in the sky . . .

However - the end goal is to have several barn blocks 
that can be flipped over to show the piecing's reverse side,
so Pollyanna's Barn will remain un-quilted for the time being.

* * *

I have fabrics pulled for several more colorful barns --
I'm just waiting for inspiration and energy levels to coincide.

In the meantime, please take a few minutes to read
being shared by the SSOBB's Charter Members
over on the BUILD-A-BARN book blog.

(While you are there, look for the buttons in the sidebar
so you can follow the book's blog using Bloglovin' and/or e-mail.)

Release Day is now only 16 days away!



Quiltdivajulie

6 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Love it! I want the book to come out and then I will make a couple of barns! Right now I am thinking of tall modern house quilt until then.

Carol E. said...

I was a big fan of Polyanna! Love the pink barn.

Mystic Quilter said...

A rose coloured barn - beautiful.

gayle said...

I'm really enjoying the barns! I love them all. I am sooooo looking forward to the big reveal!

Janie said...

Great piecing!

Lara B. said...

As a fellow Polyanna fan, I got that reference right away Julie. I love how your pink barn looks weathered, like some of the wood shows through the paint. Beautiful sky and foreground too!