Saturday, June 20, 2015

Scrappy Saturday - Blue Skies (the flimsy)



I took this photo looking up through the open sunroof of my car last week.

So many nuances in that beautiful sky.




Which is why this scrappy flimsy has been named . . .

Blue Skies




A few minutes after I took that first photo,
the clouds shifted  . . . another glorious view.




Which is why I chose the pale blue cloud fabric for the inner border.




Mother Nature absolutely rocks when it comes to colors and inspiration.




The quilt top measures 52" x 62"


These scraps from earlier quilts make me SO happy!




And now you see why I put together this scrappy back 
that I shared in last week's post.


* * *


Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

CLICK HERE to see how others are wrapping up 
their final week of light blue scrappy projects.



Quiltdivajulie

24 comments:

Angie said...

Beautiful...and perfect name!

Mari said...

Love it! What a great way to use those scraps.

Scrappy quilter said...

Your quilt and the sky pictures are perfect!

Sheila said...

I LOVE absolutely everything about your Sky Blue quilt!!!! Beautiful prints. Did you mix in some batik prints?

Sally Trude said...

Yup, the light light border was a great choice.

gayle said...

It's wonderful! I especially like the sun-dappled picture. Perfect!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

So simple and yet so great.

Magpie Sue said...

Such a cheerful blue quilt! I love these Chinese Coin variation quilts. I have at least one more planned but I bet there will be more than just that one!

slrquilts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
slrquilts said...

You really captured the feeling of the blue sky. I think it would look great pinned to the ceiling...just saying, hahaha!

Cathy said...

It definitely doesn't make me feel blue! What a great use of scraps.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I want to wrap to wrap up in your quilt!! Simply beautiful.

Nell's Quilts said...

Blue skies is a beautiful quilt. Love all the different blue fabrics. Sometimes the simplest quilts are the most beautiful. Stacked coins quilts always seem to clear a lot of odd bits of fabric.

Mystic Quilter said...

You certainly couldn't have picked a better name for your quilt - it's a beauty!

Gina said...

I love this quilt and the name is perfect xx

Gina said...

I love this quilt and the name is perfect xx

Ann said...

Gorgeous photos, inspiration and quilt!

Linda said...

What a gorgeous quilt. Blue is my favourite colour and this style of quilt is also a favourite. Like the way you extended the short lengths of blue strips with the strip of even smaller bits of fabric. Lovely!

Jennifer said...

that's a fantastic quilt! at first I thought the inner border was white- it's so pale. but the light blue clouds are perfect. good job!

scraphappy said...

What a beautiful quilt. The lighter colored cloud border is just the right amount of contrast to make the blues pop out. So many great blue fabrics, I can see why it makes you smile.

quiltmom anna said...

such a serene looking quilt- I love blue quilts - this one is a real beauty..

Diane said...

Normally, I'm not a fan of blue, but your fabrics have such a cheerful tone and mimic that lovely sky so well, I can't help but love your quilt!

Lynette said...

Oh! I really like the effect of your Blue Skies top! It just shimmers, and the cloud fabric for the stop border is absolutely perfect. I love blues to start with, and this really showcases them. :)

Barb said...

wonderful quilt! pretty sky photos too!