Monday, June 22, 2015

Bowled Over

My sister's bowl on the left / My bowl on the right
The fabric triangles were for inspiration

A couple of weeks ago,
my sister and her husband were in Nashville.

Nashville is 3.5 hours from my house.

Their house in Michigan is almost 14 hours away.

Needless to say, DH and I made a quick overnight trip to Nashville.




My sister and I spent several hours together at Third Coast Clay
painting our medium mixing bowls.

There were moms there with their kids 
painting mugs for Father's Day.

There were college students.

There were "ladies that lunch."

There were grandparents with their grandkids.

There was a little girl's birthday party in the side room.

It was a busy, happy place
and we had a wonderful time.

Because we were not local,
Third Coast Clay shipped our glazed and fired bowls to us.




Here is a photo of my sister's finished bowl . . .



and this is my finished bowl.


What a great way to spend time together!



Quiltdivajulie

9 comments:

Gina said...

What a great idea for a day out. I love the bowls you made

Gina said...

What a great idea for a day out. I love the bowls you made

Barb said...

your bowls are so cute! what fun

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is such a neat idea to have unique bowls. I'm sure it was even more fun to be with a sister. I only have brothers..........not the same.

Lynette said...

How fun!! Now I want to do that. :D

Purple Boots and Pigtails said...

Great bowl!! Bright and cheerful....and purple! Love it!

Anonymous said...

It is! and I loved the bowls you girls made.
Mama Bear

Magpie Sue said...

Tell your sister I love her bowl! I like yours too, but hers is my favorite. ;- )

Teresa said...

Pretty bowls and each will hold memories of a fun day.