Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Necessary Break




I hadn't planned on taking a break at this point . . . 

but things have gotten complicated

and I've learned to listen to my inner voice

about needing to call for a blogging-time-out.





There's a situation at work that has now reached 'critical mass'
and I need to be 'at the ready' for the next two weeks
with no questions asked or excuses offered.

Have been here before and will be here again later in the year.

Between here and there, right now is what matters most ~
I can't do it all and stay well.





I'm not lacking for quilty projects 
if and when my stamina and brain cells are willing
during this brief hiatus . . . 

There are lots of quilts ready for binding
and there are pillows to be made for the living room.

I'm slowly cleaning out and scanning each of my annual quilt journals
while creating a master spreadsheet of quilts I've made since 2004.

There are also LOTS of ideas floating about the studio,
stamping their feet and begging to be taken seriously.

Time will tell how all that develops.





Of course, my family is a big part of this mix
and I need to be present and available.

I have several books I want to read ~
more than a paragraph or two per sitting.

Oh, and the magnolia trees are in bloom
and I want to have time to enjoy their heavenly scent.




Things should calm down by the end of the month
so that I can resume posting.

In the meantime,
I'll be watching and reading your blogs
and commenting when possible.

If you don't hear from me for a week or two,
please don't worry . . . 

I will be back!


Quiltdivajulie
-------------------------
p.s.  As the gorgeous stars continue to arrive for Sessanta Stelle, I'll be uploading new photos to the Picasa album (link is about 2/3rds of the way down the page).  Feel free to pop in and watch the galaxy grow!  




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you!!! I haven't had anything that I have felt 'blog' worthy, mostly because it would take too much 'brain power' which I really do not have at the moment.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Sending you hugs of affirmation and understanding until we hear from you again. Know that we understand. Take good care of you, you're smart to listen to that inner voice! :)

Susan said...

Sounds like you have your priorities in order! Take care!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Peace, love, and understanding. Take care of yourself. Sending big hugs your way.

Elaine said...

Good for you, Julie-you are a wise lady. Blessings to you as you traverse this expanse of difficulty. From Here (me) to There (you). I am working on your stars next week. have just decided what kind to do. Picking up the fabric today at The Crazy 9 Patch where I will be teaching an applique workshop.

Magpie Sue said...

Good call. Learning to listen to - and heed - our inner voice is a critical lesson many of us never master. Hang in there!