It may not look like much,
but that pile of papers represents more
(MUCH more)
than the space occupied in these photos.
Since 2004,
I've kept an annual binder of
quilty notes, photos, readings, and writings.
In 2011, I also started using Quilt Album
to track my quilty-provenance.
Nine notebooks filled with photos and papers,
all encased in sheet protectors . . .
Nine years of quilts and quilty-thoughts . . .
Nine years of my life.
Newly-freed from the constraints of those binders,
my pages have been sorted, annotated, and scanned by year.
Digital storage is portable, can be backed up multiple ways,
takes up far less space, and weighs a lot less.
(physically and emotionally)
While I was at it,
I compiled a quick-reference spreadsheet for my quilts,
not counting table runners, pillows, note cards, and mug rugs.
(something I've been going to do forever)
200+ and counting -
plus 2007's journal quilt project
and my Priority Quilts for AAQI
wow . . .
The project at work has transitioned from
manic-frantic to last-minute-panic.
Just a few more days and the ball will be rolling of its own accord
with little to no intervention needed on my part
aside from long-distance monitoring.
As Mrs. Goodneedle would say,
Life is Good!
Quiltdivajulie
I'll miss Google Reader, but I do like Bloglovin' and appreciate that it works across Safari, Chrome, and IE platforms (I use all three, depending on where I am).
1 comment:
WHAT a TASK and What an accomplishment!! Great job!! Must be such a relief to finish that project!! WOW!
Post a Comment