Colorwash 4.0 ~ photo taken outdoors
before trimming or binding.
You can read about this project's beginning here.
Quilted by Chris Ballard ~
she added large arcs in the border
but kept the central area quilting very simple.
I love how the color squares pop!
This is the center portion of the scrappy back.
The finished quilt now hangs opposite my desk at work.
Note to file:
When I worked on / struggled with the layout,
it was always based on a "portrait" orientation.
I never imagined I would hang 4.0
in the "landscape" position!
Colorwash 4.0 hangs in the space formerly occupied by Impact Zone.
* * *
Thanks for the challenge, Wanda!
I'm glad I didn't give up.
Quiltdivajulie


6 comments:
That one turned out SO GOOD!! I'm glad you stuck with it and figured out a solution.
I actually like it in the landscape position, it is unexpected and I like unexpected. What a great way to brighten your office space!
EXCELLENT solution to the original design dilemma. This definitely counts as a win!
Now that I've caught up on previous posts, it would be interesting to see Colorwash 4.0 and Loud and Clear hanging side by side. Feels good to get 'em done, doesn't it? :- )
Love the border. Another beautiful wall hanging. I loved Impact Zone, too.
what a seriously awesome quilt! I never saw it before- thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment