Friday, September 16, 2011

Gotta Love It


This work of heart has now been finished  . . .

 

Here is the front . . .
(inspired by a Wendy Williams
magazine pattern named Retro Blooms,
I changed the block centers
and added a piano-key border)

 

And this is the entirely liberated back . . .
. . . this quilt absolutely makes my soul sing!

 

Chris used several thread colors
to add her always-amazing custom quilting,
which makes Gotta Love It even more special.



“Oh! `darkly, deeply, beautifully blue',
As someone somewhere sings about the sky.”
 Lord Byron

 
(All photos will supersize.)

 
* * *

Saturday is trunk show day  . . .

(humming in the background ~
 "all my 'boxes' are packed & ready to go")

 
Quiltdivajulie

14 comments:

Barb said...

GREAT job!!! Looks fantastic!!

Unknown said...

I do love it!! Wow!!

Millie said...

This is a beauty~ Totally awesome!

Quilter Kathy said...

This is a fabulous quilt...actually 2 fabulous quilts in one! The back is as gorgeous as the front!

Michele said...

Definitely a stunner!

Brenda said...

great finish, and good luck on your trunk show wearing your bee-yoo-tee-full lab coat!

Susan said...

Wow! The back is almost (note that I said "almost") as pretty as the front! What a great quilt!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your quilt. I like blue and you have put all those blues together is such an appealing way.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Another great quilt! Good for you...!

Lynette said...

OH!! I am so jealous of whoever gets this quilt. ;D

earthmotherwithin said...

i love love love it! Fantastic combination of blocks and colours -wonderful.

Teresa Rawson said...

BEAUTIFUL, beautiful quilt...in my favorite colors!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Magpie Sue said...

Gee, I can't decide which side I like better! Fun, fun, fun!

Tonya Ricucci said...

fun! great colors.