Thursday, September 15, 2011

Alpha-Palooza


Remember the plain bare-bones letter a?

WOO HOO ... naked no more!


Beautiful "b"


Colorful "c"


Daring "d"


Enthusiastic "e"


In addition to enough leftover 1.5" strips to make 
thirteen more 12.5" blocks like those in Dumpster Diving (not!) . . . 

I pulled out my crumb boxes to enhance this joyfully scrappy, alpha-effort.


Crumb boxes?
Square lidded boxes from The Container Store
for the smallest precious bits of fabrics
(with room for expansion).


I've made all the filler blocks ~
now it is time to tackle the rest of the alphabet.

Only 21 more lower case letters to go!

Lynne is almost through the how-to posts for her Letter Along project ~
I really need to get busy!


Here's how the previously-chosen backing, etc.
looks with the new plan.

WOO HOO!!!

I LOVE IT!

Quiltdivajulie

8 comments:

Millie said...

Alpha-palooza is RIGHT! These are great fun! Aren't those little accessory boxes from The Container Store the BEST?

Susan said...

AWESOME! What a fun quilt this is going to be!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's awesome...I loved seeing the letters you've made so far!

Deborah said...

Ii love it, too.!! It is fabulous!
Hugs, Deborah

Susanne (flicKwerk) said...

What a great idea, love it!

joe tulips said...

I absolutely love this alphabet quilt. This is a place to put all the 1 1/2 strips that will be left over from my memories quilt (legos)!!

Magpie Sue said...

After having dumped all my little scraps together into one basket I'm now wishing I had kept them separated by color. Live and learn! Of course, I didn't have that wonderful looking set of clear boxes to use either. ;- )

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheee!!!