Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Upcoming Adventure (Class)


I've started pulling fabrics for my late-March class at JCCFS.
Yes, we are going to spend our vacation week in the mountains
playing with wood (DH) and colors (yours truly).
[The focal fabrics (bottom layer) were originally 
planned for the back of Good Morning Purple
but will be going to NC with me instead.]

We can't wait!


Here is my second group ~ these have been trimmed into 1/2 yard lengths.
There are yellows/oranges/reds/pinks/purples in this box.
The KF piece on top is my focal fabric 
& the Paula Nadelstern in the corner will be for a tiny inner border 
(if I get that far).


Group three is black and white and reds.
This group's focal fabric is on order ~
one I've not seen before that lit my imagination on fire!

Other than this one 3 yard piece,
I am so proud of myself that I did NOT buy any new fabrics!

I shopped my stash instead and it feels good.


My class is called Easy Arches with Tone Haugen-Cogburn.
I've shared some e-mails with her already
and I am excited about what we'll be working on in class.

You can read a bit more about Tone here and here.

Quiltdivajulie

3 comments:

Clare said...

Love those reds with the black and whites.

Brenda said...

As always, I LOVE your color choices. I know you will have a wonderful week! Can't wait to see what you do...

Millie said...

I think I'd like to go shopping in your stash!