I found these at one of our local Hancock Fabric stores recently
(this chain is not related to Hancock's of Paducah).
The needles do thread more easily ~
but I also find they un-thread when I don't want them to.
(Because you thread the needle by sliding the thread
along the right side of the needle until it slips into the slot,
it is very easy to knock the thread
OUT of the needle when moving things about.)
The jury is still out here ~ have you tried them?
I'm curious to see what others think.
Quiltdivajulie
p.s. I've machine stitched the binding to Blue Moon (the Mendoza Wise Tree fabrics quilt) and have started hand stitching it to the back . . . I washed/dried Blue Moon before I sat down to hand sew (it was just TOO stiff!). Will definitely get photos to share soon. Not to worry, binding is still pending for Milestone and Spirit Song!
6 comments:
Nope never tried them. But it does sound like you might be able to easily "unthread" them too!
Wow, how interesting! I have only been in a fabric store once in six months (consider my life! ha ha) I need to get out more!!!! And thanks for the heads up, it has been really hard to thread the needle with the angle and all with my wrist and I might have fallen for these had I ever seen them!
Thankfully my machine has a threading mechanism...
My nerves could not deal with the random unthreading
Nothing makes me feel that I am growing older than trying to thread a needle! Thanks for the tip on these. I will be on the look out for them.
These are new to me.
New to me too, not sure I get it, really. I use self threading hand needles for burying thread tails but I need to think about this concept...
Post a Comment