They called me less than 24 hours later! Seems their initial supplier let them down, so they've changed and things are running better now. They've already shipped me a new disk AND allowed me to download the Mac version while I wait. Talk about great customer service!
Within a very short time, I was entering information and importing quilt photos. The picture above shows the album sheets for Distraction and Kitty Chaos.
This photo shows the printout for Colorful Coins and the ad from Travel & Leisure magazine that inspired my color scheme (laid atop of my Chris-quilted placemats).
Here's a close-up of the sheet for Distraction (taken before I caught myself entering the quilt dimensions in reversed order). There's a finite area for "Notes" so, when I have more that I want to record I'll put the excess in a Word document (not needed for all quilts, only those with more 'history').
Here are my first four printouts - created in under an hour. For those looking for a system to track their quilts, I'd say this is a pretty easy, very straightforward, highly effective way to begin.
Quiltdivajulie
---------------------------------
"Over the days of this journey a kind of energetic serenity has set in. Something happens with the mixture of space and time. I feel a sense of story." (Robert Genn)
"Over the days of this journey a kind of energetic serenity has set in. Something happens with the mixture of space and time. I feel a sense of story." (Robert Genn)
4 comments:
Thank you so much for posting about this. I think I might get it. It looks like an easy way to keep track of projects I make.
Beautifully detailed! And you...of all the wonderful quilters that I know... should record your amazing quilts with detail...especially as to where they all were given!
Looks great from what I see!
Okay, this looks very tempting. You said the software was only about $30, right? I'm not normally a computer kind of gal but I'm beginning to see the value in learning this particular process...
Post a Comment