Late last year, I participated in two different swaps that involved selvages ~ one with Donna in Canada and one with Claire in California. Those plus my own harvesting efforts from earlier quilts and the stash have given me a pretty decent assortment to work with.
When it is finished, this will be a topper for our kitchen table ~ we'll be able to read the quilt! (Does anyone else remember the diner table tops that had newspaper clippings or maps in the laminate?)
Quiltdivajulie
------------------
"There is no such thing as a worthless conversation, provided you know what to listen for. And questions are the breath of life for a conversation.” (James Nathan Miller)
14 comments:
Oh how totally completely extremely cool!!! Hold me down in my chair before I start jumping up and down.
Those look terrific! How big are the squares/
it looks great. are you sewing them on foundations?
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh..... I wanna play, too! Yes, of course, I remember the laminated table tops that provided reading. How large are your blocks, Julie? Are these pieced on a foundation? Inquiring minds NEED to know... ;)
That's going to be a great table topper!
Way Cool!!
That is a great project without a lot of thinking involved, just fun. that is the best way to unwind.
That is amazing! It looks great!
I have a quilt like this king sized waiting to be hand quilted
((( OOOHH NOOO))) but I will make myself sit down and say its to be enjoyed when I get round to doing it.
I do love your quilt top there and the colours they are great everything balances out lovely
it brings a smile to my face seeing some of those fabrics :-) I've started to collect selvadges myself now, and have made a couple of postcards... doubt I'll do much, but I can really see the appeal in a way I dind't "get" when we did our swap...
Very nice - I've been collecting selvages to make something.
A neat website is Selvage Blog http://www.selvageblog.blogspot.com/
She wrote a book on it and has lots of neat examples.
Liz
Hi Julie,
That's so pretty! You got a lot done in a short time. I'm still surprised that selvage quilts are so much fun. Whoda thunkit?
Karen
Faith, what are you thinking? Are you really going to hand quilt a king-size selvage quilt? Yikes! My hands hurt just thinking about it. How about tying it? Or getting a machine quilter to do it. Uh-oh quilters, we may have to do an intervention here! LOL You may have made the first kiing sized selvage quilt in the world! Let us know how it goes!
Karen
That is so pretty!!! That is either one very large table, or some really small squares to need 81 for a table topper. Did you know you are on selvage blog today?
Post a Comment