The first few days of this week were indeed chaotic but multiple non-sewing things did get handled and/or finished.
Unfortunately another huge to-do made itself known and it is one that needs to be dealt with sooner and not too much later (think paper tiger on steroids).
For the sake of sanity, I sewed the strips together for the backs of the six September placemats, pressed the tops and backs, cut batting rectangles, and pin basted the six quilt sandwiches.
Thread color remains to be decided but I'm guessing it will be some variation on "gold."
I ran across this image early in the week - I keep reminding myself of it when a task at hand seems more complicated than I feel like handling. So far it has worked . . .
* * *
There are only ten days left in August and I'm still hoping to get Holus Bolus and the placemats quilted and finished.
I've also realized that I'm woefully behind on responding to your comments . . .
One thing at a time.
Quiltdivajulie
8 comments:
Love that Batman T-Shirt quote--how true;))) Nice placemats in progress...
Finally some rain here..1.01" and still going--maybe we can overcome this drought...hugs, Julierose
Now I need to find my Batman shirt and tackle my own lists. Well done
OMG, love the Batman shirt quote! Glad it’s working for you so far. There’s nothing better for tumultuous goings on, than running strips through the sewing machine. As for comments, pffttt, replies can go undone, let them go and resume when your plate is less full.
wowza...colors are so very striking and gorgeous
Only 10 days left in August? Shocking! How did that happen? In retirement as I sometimes don't watch the calendar but just keep track of what day of the week it is, I'm often surprised how the days have slipped past. I guess that's because in the zone of creativity I'm not very connected to the outside world.
Sorry to hear that so many non-quilty items have been filling your TO DO list, Julie! Hoping the next 9 days will allow more time for quilting.
Love the T-shirt quote. Some days we could all use a burst of 4-yr-old energy and enthusiasm. I hope all the "issues" have been resolved and that DH's contentious meeting ended peacefully.
Pat
I'm feeling a big placemat kick coming on soo. I have so many bits set aside for placemats but have been distracted by other projects. I have a bin full of dyed napkins that really need placemats to match. I love this simple stripe effect that lets the fabric do the work that it needs to do.
Post a Comment